Friday, March 23, 2007

Team Tech

So this last little while has definatly been a transition. I have been on the tech team, setting up and tearing down stages for the past week? and it's going awsome. I've made good friends with the guys on the team, and we get along really well. I'm still living at the base foer the time being however, but that works out all for hte better because travelling for me is easier that way. Tonight I will be beggining to set up the skate ramps for the Gen X team that does all the skating, in-line-skating, BMXing (one of the guys is an ex world champion apparently), and lots of awsome dancing (break dancing is even cooler than I thought before)

Anyways, last night was Chuck's performance again and I have definatly decided that it's my favorite in the show. haha it was really funny actually, his little grass skirt at one point, during the New Zealand Haka called "The Crucifiction", his grass skirt thing started to fall off... it didn't completly, but in some of the turns haha it was funny. Two fire knive dancers last night, and one of the them had two sticks, man.... SO impressive. Best show of IWT for me, my favorite by far. But they are all so cool... after this it's going to Ohio and I'd love to try to go, road trip or something... so if anyone is interested haha i'd love to go and visit Chuck while he's in North America.


Hmm... I can't really think about what else to write about... IWT is essentially my life right now...

Was able to spend some nice time with James, Eric, S(o)imon and Adrian the other day from the "Long DTS" but it's wierd to think that i'm completly done... I'm not even with YWAM anymore, I'm with IWT... really cool, actually today I got my official papers confirming that I have graduated the "University of the Nations, Discipleship III training school" haha nice.

Anyways, there is an update for those of you who have not quite forgotten me yet haha it seems wierd I've almost forgotten that my time here is almost over... Now that DTS is over it's been a whole new world... not like theres a countdown ending... everyone who was to leave has left... so now it's me living in australia... haha what is "home" anymore?

Well... home can change and does change, but soon i'll be back "home" in Kelowna. In time.

Theres the Update! Very exciting eh? slightly lacking.... but I enjoyed writing it nonetheless.

-Jon

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats awesome Jon. I'm stoked you had an amazing time with YWAM and now IWT. If it's a road trip you seek I'm so down with that. It would be nice to get an email from you but you're probably not able to get enough time on the internet. Come home! your Kelowna home I mean.
Have fun for the rest of the time you're there.
Take care

Anonymous said...

"home is where the heart is" haha.

your heart seems to definetly be in australia, but i hope atleast a little part of you considers kelowna to be home too.

good to hear your having such a good time. enjoy how ever much longer you decide to have there.

take care
-michelle

Anonymous said...

dude, i miss you.
these past months for you have been incredible i thank you for taking me for the ride on the blog.
wish i had the guts to do something like this.
you are the coolest guy ever.
come home though mate. i am home in a month from my first year of university.
pretty stoked.
we are coffeeing it up.
love mate- your blood brother- kev