Tuesday, February 15, 2011

"Let's decide to be the Architects"

My bad... I don't often check the links after posting my songs of the day... but this time I did, and realized that I had posted the Dr. Horrible song twice. oops. The original "soft" song was intended to be a Postal Service song... just in case some of you thought that I considered Dr. Horrible to be "one of the the most perfect CDs ever recorded"... It's good.. not THAT good though.

Today is my final exam for the lumber grading course, and of course instead of studying here I am updating my blog. With no real motivation either, just saw the procrastination window of opportunity and took it. ("Oh no! There was a misplaced link in my blog! This devastating mistake MUST be redeemed... the blogosphere will never forgive me for it otherwise!")
aaaannd studying lumber goes on the back-burner.

New Rise Against song released today, "The Architects"
So that's very exciting. (To me). I love it, it's passionate and even has chanting "heys", which I'm a sucker for.

Soundbites!
- New Spiderman costume for the reboot looks really badass, could be a good movie!
- Reading break has thus far involved no reading... oops
- Tired of the cold weather with no snow, and earlier sunrises are making me wish it was summer.
- I love the new Iron and Wine for what it is... but have come to the conclusion that I prefer it when it is him an his guitar. Not because I don't like change, but more so because in the musical interludes between verses, I'd rather listen to him plucking away at a guitar than hear his backup band playing a trumpet... or a recorder. That's just me though, the CD is still fantastic, but it doesn't knock "Shepard's Dog" from its pedestal.

That last one was definitely not a soundbite.. dang.


Also saw Torrey play a show the other night... I love that guy to bits.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I WAS THERE