Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The end of the end of the end began

These past few days have been great! Things have just been going very well, AND it's been sunny, which is awesome. Cmonnnn summer!

Wrote my first final today for "Police and Society". I know... the first final... terrifying, this is the end of the last semester of the BA... crazy, 3 weeks left.
It was killer, but I really, REALLY prepped for it, so I'm feeling very confident. Hopefully a week of nothing but 13 hour library shifts pays off. Here is an excerpt from the end of one of my essay answers...

“These circumlocutions worked” as Skoncik and Bayley state, however not in the sense of achieving the mandate. Rather, with the proper presentation community policing through its circumlocutions wrapped the police in “aspirations and values that are extremely powerful and unquestionably good” to further legitimize this “moral powerhouse” in its war against the deviant others in society, to uphold both the unwritten moral mandate and police mandate as a “justified” non-accountable and nonnegotiable coercive force. - Jonathan Arkle

I know right?

I'm feeling good about it. ALSO, New Rise Against is fantastic and definitely winning the playcount race at the moment, but new contender isssss
NEW THURSDAY SONG
Yayy.


1 comment:

vanessa said...

I laughed out loud at, "I know right?".
This is your last year of your BA? Amazing. Congrats!
I'm done at Christmas next year... It can't come soon enough.