Thursday, June 28, 2007

cat-man! don't

So, here is the update that I promised in the previous post that no-one probably read, becuase I think the time in between has probably been while all you wonderful folk were asleep.

None the less! here it is.

Now, originally I had a grand plan to quote various bits from my journal in this, seeing as it's hard to remember everything completly.... but thats not interesting, anyways journals nowadays seem like less of a "day tracker" but more of a mind tracker, and thats not what keep the ratings up, people want action.

So here's the deal



Basically, 1/2 of the time or more in between when I probably last saw you and now have been spent on a plane. haha, it was like the Australia trips all over again. The thing about plane rides is that there is nothing really entertaining about them. You sit upright becuase you don't want to be one of those insensitive jerks who would DARE to recline. You try to amuse yourself with reading, unfortunatly in myt case this flight, my mind kept taking off on me, and I'd realise I had 'read' and entire page without even reading anything. The best thing is when your mind is taken off of whatever it is that is particularily haunting you at the moment when this wonderful gift of nature comes around... toilet time. Yes, the most exciting part of a 14 hour sit fest is when you get the excuse to stand up and wait in line with some other strangers to go into the exotic little... "room?". Anything to add some variety.
Anyways, after various overnight Layovers, on the flight to Kathmandu itself this little gem made me smile as the pilot intropduced himself (in thick accent) as being "_____________ and I will be your Prime Minister this flight"

Yes!

One of hte layovers was in Thailand (overnight), and we met up with two YWAM Missionary friends out there of ours, I had met them in Perth before they moved out to Bangkok, and they go back with my dad. It was really really cool to see them again, brought back alot of fond memories. Besides the point.

Anyways, Today we went to one of the homes for the first part just spent time with the kids, The honourable Mr. Arkle and Carr wer in meetings of sorts with those in charge of the house, and I joined them in those later on, but for the first part chilled with the kids. Unfortunatly while having them show me their incredible acrobatic skills, I feel responsible for having one of the kids hurt himself, but like a trooper he cheered up and we continued to play soccer in the rain on hte roof with a hacky sac. Awesome.
I also tried teaching some of them Guitar (after an intense boxing/tickling show down... little dudes are fast) , not with much success, BUT something I was quite excited about was when this one little guy (Abraham as the home calls him) looks at my shirt and reads aloud "Cry!.....of...the.....Afflicated!"
Close enough, I happily corrected him. What I also found kind of cool was that HIS shirt I could very gladly read aloud as "Perth Western Australia"

The Roads in Nepal are chaotic.... but very poetically haha, there is the strangest order in the absolute madness... no lights, no lines really (some... but they are not followed as a taxi will speed down "oncoming traffic", but it's not really oncoming... it's just other vehicles on the road. In less than inches these cars will speed by each other, never hitting. It makes for a jerky ride with all the starts and stops, but it's incredible really... Sereously... there is absoultlyu no shape or order to these roads... no single file of cars, no "right of way", just whoever gets there first, and whoever brakes fastest. Courtney and Katy said they just close their eyes to stop them from freaking out.

Now for the more personal stuff that isn't just action. For the majority of you, you've had your fill, and thanks for tuning in. For the rest? What could you possibly want to know about Jon Arkle?

Well.... Every night I fall asleep to, and every morning I start my day with the beautiful Brooke Fraser. I'm trying to decipher now whether I'm a bigger fan of her new CD or her old. My opinion right now? Her old... BUT at the moment the first becuase it's so different from the new one, but still awesome. Also, I've listened to her so much haha every variety is awesome.
But, my music choice has not been entirely brooke Fraser, actually she is just my day starter and sleep... fader, everything in between? Has been dedicated to one artist entirely, Joshua Radin, Incredible, I can't STOP listening to him either. If any of you are aware of him, do tell, if not? Now you are, check him out.
My favorite song of his is called "Winter" and then "Star Mile", so for all you downloading types, there you go.

Hmm, Danny and Mike, if you two read this (Danny, you said you do sometimes), Tell me about Warped tour! All the best for you two if I don't get ahold of you before it. I'll do my best to anyhow.
Erm... Oh, if there is anyone who would want to see that Transformers movie with me that would be sweet. Now, this would have to be someone who is not necessarily particular to seeing it opening night... becuase I don't get back till after the 9th. ALSO! After the 9th ahha sometime soon, and chances are that'll be a Saturday night (after 7:30ish) I want to have the long awaited, or much dreaded Photo night... heh. So yea, tell your friends? It'll happen soon. HOLD ME TO IT! haha there. I think thats the catch, I need people to keep me accountable.

Also, the book I'm reading is so awesome haha, Orthodoxy (Jordan!) I've never underlined and circled and written so much in a book (unless a teacher had told me to). SUCH a good book. Basically it's Theological Philosophy for those of you who may not have heard of it. The Book i have lined up after it is called "The Question of God" which is Debates for and against God by Cs. Lewis and Sigmund Freud. Pumped for that one.

And that was a blog. I'll be sending more personal penitrating e-mails later. If anyone wants a more specific update on any corner of my mind of experiences then PLEASE! ask, Becuase unfortunatly... I don't give myself any credit for knowing what to tell people at all, much less what they want to hear heh.

Anyways, Joshua Radin Cd just finished so it might be time to wrap up the blog, header off, mabye listen to some Brooke Fraser. haha.

Namaste


ps. Kathmandu is filled with hippies... like... actual bare footed, dirty, very hairy, rasta...ish? nirvana seekers. It's so.... interesting to see.

pps. I've decided I'm going to listen to "Winter" again, then Brooke.

4 comments:

Martini said...

Awesome blog. As always, I'm living vicariously through you while stuck in chilly Canada. haha.

Things distracting you while you're reading? I hope it's not what I think it is, and if it is, try not to think about it anymore while you're on your trip.

I will hold you accountable to picture viewing night soon. Because the weekend after you get back, I leave. And that's just not cool.

Keep on keepin' on, Jonakle. take care.

-Amanda

Anonymous said...

brooke fraser is sooo gooood. thank you for the cd, its aawesome!

have funnnn hey? take careee

Anonymous said...

I think you're in love with Brooke Fraser. Anyways we will see transformers when you get back followed by a bro-down. remember to bring me back a nice kukri.

Have fun brutha!

Anonymous said...

radin is amazing, i listened to him all year...sooo good...cant wait til your home bud, warped was amazing, we'll talk about it when you get home