Saturday, September 22, 2007

Throwing things away

So, at my work there is a cleaning lady, she cleans the lunchrooms and the washrooms etc and does a very good job at it indeed. She comes in on graveyard, (which is my shift) and is working away very busily in the lunchroom where my shift leaves our bags and lunches etc, sometimes we'll come in to the room at lunchtime to find that while we were out she has come and gone.

Sometimes I find this out in ways less than desirable, for example, last weekend, she cleaned out the fridge... including my lunch, and there was no retrieving it in the garbage because she had replaced the bags.

Honest mistake, it happens I'm sure.

Yesterday however, (or last night... this morning? Whenever, the shift I just had)
I forgot one of my work gloves at my car, and before I went back to grab it, I got a nice new pair, sounds good, the old pair were getting old anyways. Well... I place the lone glove with my high vis. vest, which is on top of a cupboard where we all leave our bags etc, and go to work.
I come back, and the lunchroom has been cleaned, and my glove had been thrown out!!! Ridiculous, and again, no retrieving it because the garbage bags had been replaced.
No mercy, I can't leave my lunch in the fridge, nor my stuff on the cupboard.
I can't bring myself to an assumption that iIm being picked on.... however, that is irritating.

Next week it'll be my car keys or something of that nature.

5 comments:

Martini said...

Jonarkle you're my hero. I'm sorry you're being picked on. Much love to my bro in Ktown.

Anonymous said...

secret: it was me...shhhhh im the cleaning lady
sneaky i know

Anonymous said...

That Rhonda! She throws out everything!! She used to clean our house and I often noticed that she threw out things that potentially could be garbage but were not! She needs to slow down and think about things before she throws them out like, for example "Hmm.. could this bag of food possibly be someone's lunch!?"

vanessa said...

Put a decoy somewhere with honey on it. That'll teach her. She'll know who's boss after that.

Anonymous said...

At our mill we have a cleaning guy. One time while he was cleaning he decided to put my boots on the outside fire escape, and then left them there...
I thought someone had stolen my boots all weekend and had to borrow one of the millwrights. No need to describe how sketchy those guys' boots are.