Sunday, October 15, 2006

Th'day I had my B'day was a G'day



Well, it's been a while since I updated this, I apologise


However here it is, the exciting update full with Videos and pictures (ALL BY JON, TO AVOID CONFUSION)

So, since I last updated I had my Birthday. On Oct 12 I had my first (mabye not last) Australian birthday and that was pretty cool. The Base has made a pool to buy people gifts on their birthdays (there is one almost every day, it's an odd occurance for there NOT to be at least 2 birthdays, mine was a double), and I got a Boomerang. I can't throw it very well, it does turn in the air, but doesn't really come back the full way.... it's still really fun to throw though.

My original plan was to update last wed after going to the beach to watch the sunset in the west (over the indian ocean wow!) BUT those plans fell through....until today we went to the beach again (we go quite often) but it was really really windy and we wimped out before staying for the sunset....ate fish and chips though, that was good enough. (We figured we have enough time to see the sunset, might as well go on a better day)

Now I don't think I've mentioned this before, but right across from where I am living is Perth's Soccer stadium, and every sunday is a soccer game. When we got back from the beach another friend and I went to the Game and got in free becuase it was only 15 min left. Perth Vs. Queensland








So thats a view of the game. The Photo doesn't do the sky justice, it was pretty cool. We only saw the last 15 min of the game, but as a result got in free, so that was pretty sweet.










Woahh Cool.....





So there is some eye candy for you readers, I'll try to think of some other things to take pictures of etc.... and i can't really think of what else to write about...

OH!

Okay, so as some of you may know I'm not here in Australia for the ENTIRE 6 months, but for the last 2.5 of this time I have an "outreach" and here is the tentative list of places I may be sent...

Nepal
Indea
Indo-China
Sudan
Afghanistan.
There we go! Thats everything i can think of.... I've been longboarding alot around here, skateboardingish is fun.... skimboarding too, thats pretty cool... I don't know what else... BUT I really want to get off this computer now so here is a last little goodbye pictures....to tide you over until next time.




Jukka (Finland) being tough Stuck at random train station after being caught with no tickets






Perth
- Jon

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

those pics and videos are truly amazing. as much fun as im having in university, I'm kind of jealous. that sky is amazing. it's cloudy all the time here :(. Glad to hear you had a good birthday though. comment comment comment. later jonarkle. take care

-Amanda

Anonymous said...

Hey Jonathan
OK, so it seems your having a great time, luckey! Home is BORING!
thing you can get! the pic of the crow with the Green eyes :o)
ummm and their was a HUGE earthquake in Hawaii, check up on it!

Anonymous said...

the sky looks so beautiful, yet because of the photo they look a little bit artificial as well.

Anonymous said...

so..i came to read this excited to see the dedication to me..since i was promised one...but what did i see? ummm NO DEDICATION!!! lol ouch buddy like...ouch...haha
HAPPY LATE BDAY sorry i havent been home ever im so busy wiht school its stupid!!!!!!
but ya so i would like to have a dedication at some point...thanks...haha